A native of Russia, Chaga mushroom is a parasitic fungus growing on the birch tree. It is irregular in shape and appears like a mass of charcoal. Its black colour is due to the massive amounts of melanin. Chaga mushroom is famous in Russia, though its fame is fast spreading worldwide. Besides being powerful adaptogenic, the coil is an immune booster, an excellent digestive aid, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties.
Below is a compressive listing of Chaga mushroom proven health benefits.
1. Prevention and treatment of cancer – The active compound within the Chaga mushroom comes with an essential role in prevention and management of cancer, in accordance with research. Betulinic acid, Inotodiol, and Ergosterol peroxide are the essential compounds with anticancer properties. Betulinic acid induces cell apoptosis and prevents tumour development while Ergosterol peroxide inhibits colorectal cancer. Moreover, other extracts in Chaga mushroom help the defense mechanisms to recognise cancer cells as foreign and invasive; thus prompting our bodies to combat against them.
2. Immune booster – Chaga extracts boost and modulate the defense mechanisms through the production of immune cells Interleukin-6 and Lymphocyte B. Moreover, the extracts promote the immune system’s capability to differentiate between foreign cells as well as the body’s cells; thus increasing the accuracy from the defense mechanisms in addressing invasion by alien cells. Chaga extract plays a crucial role in preventing allergy symptoms by improving the body to recognise its cells more accurately; thus it cannot combat its cells. In case reducing the likelihood of occurrence of autoimmune disease.
Also, Chaga mushroom extracts are efficient in reduction of defense mechanisms hypersensitivity. Immune hypersensitivity are caused by a serious allergic attack. Such reaction can cause cardiac shock. As a biological response modifier, Chaga mushroom boosts the immunity mechanism when needed and reduce it after it is hypersensitive.
3. An effective antiviral and antibiotic – Chaga extracts have potent antiviral and antimicrobial properties. For example, Chaga extracts work well against viruses as they inhibit replication of HIV 1 preventing Herpes virus from infecting new cells. Furthermore, the extracts are effective in lessening infection as a result of Hepatitis C. The extracts stop the procedure that bacteria use to activate gene expression (quorum sensing), a necessary step in fighting bacterial infection. A cupful of Chaga tea is crucial in eliminating the bacteria that may cause ulcers.
4. Fights inflammation – Chaga extracts reduce overactivated immune responses through decreasing expression of molecules that activate inflammatory responses. Besides, the extracts minimise inflammation of the colon through lessening oxidative stress. Remember that, low antioxidant levels can cause inflammatory bowel syndrome, an inflammation of colon cells. Furthermore, methanolic extracts of Chaga extracts reduce pain stemming from inflammations, by blocking the effects of enzymes that be a part of inflammatory pathways, nitric oxide synthase, and cyclooxygenase-2.
5. Powerful antioxidant – Antioxidants play an important role in neutralising free radicles within the body. The free radicles cause oxidative stress. Chaga has the highest amount of antioxidant potency when compared with some other food. Our prime quantities of antioxidants are caused by the top level of polyphenols within the Hericium Erinaceus Extract. Besides, the top levels of Super Oxidase Dimutase, protect body cells against destructive results of uncontrolled oxidation and free radicles. The antioxidative properties, reduce the rate of cell ageing.
6. Alleviates Ulcers and gastritis – Among the factors behind ulcers is bacteria. As being a potent antimicrobial, Chaga kills the bacteria which induces ulcers in the intestinal tract reducing odds of ulcers. Besides, the extracts of the mushroom are essential in reducing inflammation and boosting immunity. Taking a cupful of Chaga tea or even a glass of warm water infused with Chaga mushroom powder thirty minutes before meals alleviate pain, and soothes the ulcers.
7. Physical endurance – Chaga polysaccharides reduce lactic acid concentration in the blood during an exercise. Reducing lactic acid reduces fatigue and enhances the whole process of energy production. Besides, the polysaccharides increase the glycogen content of muscles as well as the liver. Moreover, Chaga mushroom extracts, decrease blood urea nitrogen levels, a component that contributes to fatigue.
8. Inhibition of dangerous blood clots – Platelets may aggregate and consequently forming clots in the veins; a disorder called thrombosis. A thrombus is potentially fatal as it can certainly cause diseases such as cardiac arrest and stroke. Chaga extracts reduce the entire process of aggregation of platelets significantly; thus eliminates the hazards of thrombosis. Besides, Chaga is important in soothing bloodstream during times of irritation. Such property is essential in the event of pain or conditions including neuropathy and diabetes.
9. Improves diabetic health – Chaga’s ethanolic compounds significantly reduce high blood glucose level by increasing insulin levels inside the liver. Insulin regulates sugar, by stimulating liver cells to convert sugar into glycogen or increase sugar breakdown. Among the reasons for insulin resistance is oxidative stress. Insulin resistance contributes to accelerated diabetes complications. The antioxidants in Chaga mushroom reduce the chance of oxidative damage. Also, the extracts decrease that rate of carbohydrate absorption; thus decreasing the surges in blood sugar, which will otherwise lead to diabetes complications.
10. Normalising blood pressure level and levels of cholesterol – Betulinic acid can break down the reduced-density lipoprotein, bad cholesterol in the blood, while other extracts increase the amount of high-density lipoprotein, good cholesterol within the liver. By reducing bad cholesterol from arteries, along with eliminating clots from your veins, Chaga mushroom extracts ensure a healthy blood pressure level.
11. Skin health – The massive amounts of antioxidant melanin in Chaga mushroom, allow it to be an outstanding skin toner. The melanin protects genes and DNA. Naturally, melanin is an element of the skin, that protect it against harmful radiation. Moreover, melanin provides the skin its colour. Chaga’s melanin, increases the skin’s health, making it supple and protecting the skin from damage by radiation. Mixing Chaga powder in a skin moisturiser and applying it to the skin is effective.
12. Digestive Aid – Chaga extracts relieve indigestion and eliminate gastrointestinal pain. Moreover, Chaga mushroom is a superb way to obtain dietary fibre, thus aiding in peristalsis. Chaga stimulates the creation of bile, an essential salt in the breakdown of fats. Taking 4oo ml of Chaga mushroom powder 3 times per day, thirty minutes before food decbbe important for a wholesome gastrointestinal system.
13. Liver detoxifying and hepatoprotective abilities – Chaga extracts clean the liver ridding it of any toxic substances. Moreover, Chaga extracts can safeguard the liver from damage by chemicals.
14. Relieving sense of stress – Chaga extracts are essential in balancing hormones in the body. In case of stress, your body releases stress hormones. The hormones are responsible for the sense of stress and fatigue. An equilibrium of such hormones, balances the functioning from the body, hence enables one to handle stress. Being a well-known adaptogen, he shou wu extract, assist to stabilise, restore and protect our bodies. It will so by helping the body react to the stressor, normalising physiological functioning. Moreover, the extracts increase tolerance from the body to stress.
15. Improves cognitive function – Chaga extracts reduce brain oxidative stress and restore the degree of acetylcholine during oxidative stress. Acetylcholine promotes learning and memory. Enhancing the degrees of acetylcholine increases the cognitive performance of an individual.